Fish or Chicken or Pork or Beef with Japanese flavoring
(For vegetarian, you will be served all the side dishes below instead of the main dish)
Pick two dishes!
1. Simmered squash with soy-sauce, dashi, mirin, and sugar)
2. Boiled spinach with a sprinkle of sesame
3. Simmered carrot flavored with ume (salted Japanese plum) and soy sauce
4. Natto (fermented soybeans)
To be served with Miso soup and Rice (white or brown)
For the main, choose one from the dishes below;
1. Simmered fish or chicken with Japanese daikon radish flavored with dashi, soy-sauce, cooking sake, and sugar)
2. Niku-jaga (simmered pork, potato, and onion flavored with Japanese seasonings)
3. Chicken soup with Japanese Shiitake mushroom, green onion, garlic, and ginger flavored with Japanese seasonings
All the menus are Japanese home-style dishes, using Japanese flavoring, such as dashi (Japanese-style soup stock), soy sauce, mirin (sweet cooking rice wine), cooking sake, and miso (soybean paste).